Attractions in and around Rio Nido:
We love it here so much, we can’t imagine anyone wanting to leave! After all, we have our fun Rio Nido Home Owners Association events, a playground, community garden, mini-golf course, beautiful winding roads shaded by redwoods, tennis courts, basketball courts, the Russian River, the Rio Nido Roadhouse (food, drinks, music, fun and even a POOL!), and more.
But when we do leave, here are some of the local attractions we enjoy visiting:
- Armstrong Woods State Park: a great place for hiking, eating lunch, or just wondering around. We even have a road that can let you bypass Guerneville through the busy summer months. Operating Hours: 8:00 AM to one hour after official sunset. Entrance fees are $8.00 per vehicle, $7.00 per vehicle for seniors, and free to pedestrians and bicyclists. 17000 Armstrong Woods Road, Guerneville, CA 95446. 707-869-2015
- Johnson’s Beach: Wonderful campsite and public beach on the Russian River in downtown Guerneville. Concession stand with tasty and affordable hamburgers, hot dogs, ice cream and other treats. Canoe, kayak, paddleboat, inner tube and sun umbrella rentals. 16241 First Street Guerneville, California 95446. 707 869-2022
- Korbel Winery: Sample their excellent sparkling wines, tour the winery, stroll through the beautifully landscaped garden, and top it off with lunch al fresco from their delicious deli. Winery tours are offered daily, 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., and Wine Shop/Tasting Room hours are from 10:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. The Garden Tour is offered daily, 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m., Tuesday through Sunday (mid-April through mid-October). Delicatessen Hours: Open daily, 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 pm (707) 824-7000 (main office) and/or the Wine Shop (707) 824-7316 for more information. 13250 River Road, Guerneville, CA 95446-9538 (707) 824-7000.
- Sonoma Coast State Park: The ruggedly beautiful Sonoma Coast is only a 30-minute drive away. Visit Goat Rock Beach for breath-taking views, the chance to visit a seal colony, pounding surf on one side of the dunes, and on the other side, a tranquil beach at the Russian River’s mouth overlooking the charming sea-side town of Jenner.
- Boat trips and rentals: Explore the Russian River in a canoe or kayak from Burke’s Canoe Trips in Forestville, Johnson’s Beach in Guerneville, or King’s Sports and Tackle in Guerneville. King’s Sports and Tackle is also a great place to rent fishing equipment or buy any gear you may have forgotten.
- Bicycling: Whether you’re a serious cyclist or seeking casual recreation, West Sonoma County is a wonderful place for a bike ride. For maps of bicycle trails and scenic rides, check out the Sonoma County Bicycle Coalition.
- Spas: Follow the link to this list of spas located near Rio Nido to help you relax and recharge.
- For more information about local attractions and events, visit the Russian River Travel Web site for a comprehensive local guide!
Accommodations & vacation rentals:
Campgrounds outside of Rio Nido:
- Schoolhouse Canyon Campground: Nestled in an ancient redwood grove 2 miles East of Guerneville, along the Russian River, is a special place, a place where time stands still, a place where memories are made, a place where families come to relax and forget about the chaos of modern life. Tents and small trailers only. 12600 River Rd. Guerneville, CA 95446. For reservations call (707) 869-2311.
- River Bend Resort: A family-oriented R.V. park located in the heart of the Russian River Valley. In addition to the postcard greenery, from the giant redwoods and Russian River, the area is set amidst several world-famous wineries. 11820 River Rd. Forestville, CA 95436. For reservations, call (707) 887-7662.
- Hilton Park Campground: World class steelhead and salmon fishing, boating, swimming, hiking, camping in peace and quiet, situated among ancient redwood trees, brand new children’s playground, laundry, hot showers, firewood, video games, walking distance from pub/restaurant, wineries near by, day use and overnight camping welcome. 10750 River Rd. Forestville, CA 95436. For reservations, call (707) 887-9206.
Did we forget something? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
The materials on The Community of Rio Nido website are provided “as is” and, in jurisdictions which allow it, without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. In no event shall any contributor to The Community of Rio Nido website be liable for any damages whatsoever, including special, indirect, consequential or incidental damages or damages for loss of profits, revenue, use, or data whether brought in contract or tort, arising out of or connected with any of The Community of Rio Nido websites or the use, reliance upon or performance of any material contained in or accessed from any of The Community of Rio Nido web sites.