RNHOA Membership Form $15.00 yearly fee ~ Homeowners and Renters welcome.
2018 Event Dates:
Pee Wee Golf Course 18 hole miniature golf open Memorial Day Weekend to Labor Day Weekend Friday – Saturday 6:30 – 9:00 pm; snacks & soda for sale; Other family games too! $3.00 adults / $2.00 kids.
- Sunday, May 27: Memorial Day Chicken BBQ 4:00 pm until it’s gone, (and it will go!) Dancing 5:00 – 9:00 pm; $10 dinner includes all the trimmings; Soda, Beer & Wine sold separately.
- Saturday, July 7: Independence Day Celebration “Hams ‘n Hots” 4:00 – 8:00 pm; Dancing 5:00 – 9:00 pm; $10 dinner includes all the trimmings; Soda, Beer & Wine sold separately.
- Saturday, August 4: Annual Golf Tournament!
- Sunday, August 5: Rio Nido Art Festival + Pancake Breakfast 9:00 am – 12 noon Art Festival: 9:30 am – 2:00 pm. Artists/Craftsmen please reserve your table/space before July 1st.
- Saturday, August 25: RNHOA Annual General Meeting 11:00 am
- Sunday, September 2: Labor Day Chicken BBQ 4:00 pm until it’s gone, (and it will go!) Dancing 5:00 – 9:00 pm; $10 dinner includes all the trimmings; Soda, Beer & Wine sold separately.
The Rio Nido Homeowners Association was established almost 50 years ago to build and maintain the Homeowners’ “volunteer” park and serve this community through sponsoring community events, supporting parks, seniors, improvements, toward the goal of a safe, secure and friendly Rio Nido. PeeWee Golf is a highlight of our park and a favorite of children of all ages. The Association also provided $6,000 to fund the equipment for the Rio Nido community playground.
The Association relies on volunteers to do its work and welcomes anyone interested in being part of making Rio Nido a great place to live and play. (At this point the Association operates primarily as a civics service group.) Each year the Association sponsors at least five summer community events – the Memorial Day BBQ, July Pancake Breakfast, Independence Day Celebration, August Pancake Breakfast and Art Festival, Labor Day BBQ. These events are open the public and take place in the Homeowners Park – the Association works to make dinners and breakfasts both tasty and affordable. The Showcase Band, our music for major events, is a tradition, playing for children whose grandparents remember the band as kids. The July Pancake Breakfast features a flea market and the August Pancake Breakfast features an Art Festival, with participation by a number of local artists, authors and craftspeople. The Association also sponsors an annual Golf Tournament, (played at Northwoods) with profits going to improve PeeWee Golf. For the children, the Association sponsors marshmallow roasts with evening movies during the summer. Another tradition – the Association sponsors an annual clean-up, usually at the beginning of the summer, so we can get a good clean start to the season.
The quarterly newsletter, the Reporter, has always been a key Association effort. The newsletter keeps members updated on Association activities, local events, local news and feature articles of interest to our members. It also serves as the organ to keep up with our member family.
The Association is a non-profit organization. Each year its general meeting is held the last Saturday of August. Current officers: Douglas Misner, President, Troy Held, Vice President, Beverly Bird Misner, Secretary, John Calonico, Treasurer. Membership is $15/year.