Welcome to Rio Nido
If you’re new in town, or thinking about moving here, the following information can help you get settled in.
Utilities & Other Basics
- Electric: Pacific Gas & Electric customer service 800-743-5000
- Garbage & Recycling: Redwood Empire Disposal Sonoma County, Inc 800-243-0291 (Garbage pick up is early Thursday morning)
- Water & Sewer: Sweetwater Springs Water District 707-869-4000
- Phone Service: AT&T for both land line and wireless phone lines. At this time, they seem to have the best service.
- Cable TV & High Speed Internet: Call Comcast for Cable and a high speed internet connection.
- Propane Gas Companies who deliver locally: AmeriGas , Blue Star Gas, Ferrellgas, McPhail Fuel Company (Rio Nido has a community propane deal with McPhail for a set amount if you belong to FRN.)
- Mail Delivery:If your zip code is 95471, then you need to get a post office box from the Rio Nido Post Office, in order to pick up your mail and all the local gossip. If your zip code is 95446, then unfortunately you won’t need a PO box. The Post Office is located at 14770 Rio Nido Rd, Rio Nido, CA 95471
Flood, storm, and emergency information:
- National Weather Service
- Where the Russian River Floods
- Emergency Response Action Steps
- How to Prepare for a Winter Storm
- Before Winter Storms and Extreme Cold
To join the Rio Nido Homeowners Association, please send a check for $15.00 to Rio Nido Homeowners Association, Care of PO Box A, Rio Nido, CA 95471.
Home Maintenance tips:
- How to Trim a Tree
- Exterior House Painting Tips
- Getting to Grips with Damp
- Top 10 House Painting Tips
- Top 10 Questions about Exterior House Painting
- Home Projects from Instructables
- 25 more ways to make your neighborhood a community
Need a suggestion for a local house painters, carpenter, electrician, or plumber? Post your question to the Sonoma County Bulletin Board Services and Referrals section.
The Russian River Redevelopment Oversight Committee is part of the the Sonoma County Community Development Commission to encourage and support neighborhood and community preservation.
The Friends of Rio Nido is group that meets monthly to support the community of Rio Nido. Subcommittees include Safety/Security, Infrastructure, Economic /Community Development, and Beautification. If you’re interested in joining, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tired of seeing junk all over the place? Whether it’s on the street or in your own yard, keeping our homes and neighborhoods clean and beautiful is way easier than you might think.
Report issues or send questions to 707-200-3761 or email@example.com
Free bulky item pick-up: Households can request free removal of mattresses, appliances, furniture, electronics, and other items too large for trash and recycling containers four times per year.
- Free 2nd green waste bins: Available on request for yard waste and compostable materials.
Free Christmas tree removal: If you cut up your Christmas tree so it fits properly in your yard waste container, the garbage collectors will remove it free of charge. To schedule an appointment for a non-profit to pick up your tree ($5 suggested donation) call (707) 565-3333.
- Order services: To request larger garbage and recycling bins (for an additional fee) – or to order service for residential garbage, recycling, and green waste, call (707) 586- 5547.
Toxic Waste Disposal–For toxic household chemicals, including old paint products, automotive fluids, garden chemicals, expired medications, old batteries, and spent fluorescent lights:
- Central Disposal Site: 500 Mecham Rd., Petaluma; open Thursday, Friday and Saturday 7:30am-3:30pm; recyclenow.org (707) 565- 3375.
- Local Drop-Offs: Various locations throughout Sonoma County on Tuesdays from 4-8pm. For more information, please call the Eco-Desk Hotline 707-565- DESK (3375).
- Home pick-ups: Call (877) 747-1870 to schedule an appointment to collect household toxics from your home. $50 fee per pick-up. Free pick-ups available for elderly, disabled & housebound.
Miscellaneous Items Guerneville Transfer Station 13450 Pocket Canyon Rd./Hwy. 116 For appliances, cardboard, tires, wood, treated wood, scrap metal, electronics, yard debris can be dropped off at the in Guerneville. PLEASE NOTE Fees are charged for some items.
- Refuse Disposal: Mon-Tues & Thurs-Sat 8-4 (707) 869-3878
- Recycling: Mon-Tues & Thurs-Sat 8-4 (707) 869-3878
Abandoned and/or Non-working Vehicles
To report abandoned vehicles, or have a non- working vehicle removed from your property free of charge, call the following numbers:
- Junk Your Jalopy: To remove old vehicles from your property – free of charge and without the usual DMV paper work, contact Dale Hawley at (707) 565-2153.
- Report abandoned vehicles on public property and roadways to: California Highway Patrol (CHP) at 588-1400 and the Sonoma County Sherriff at (707) 565-2511
- Report non-working vehicles on private property to: Janet McKenna, Permit and Resource Management Department (PRMD) at (707) 565-3717
- If you see trash on public property, report it to (877) 565-DUMP(3867)
- If you catch an illegal dumper in the act, contact the Sheriff’s Department at (707) 565-2650 or (707) 565-2121.
Neglected and Hazardous Properties
- To report them, call Janet McKenna at (707) 565- 3717, or report it online.
- Mill Street Thrift Store–14075 Mill St., Guerneville (707) 869-8393 Donate clothes, toys, books, furniture, appliances, and other household items in good condition.
The materials on The Community of Rio Nido website are provided “as is” and, in jurisdictions which allow it, without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. In no event shall any contributor to The Community of Rio Nido website be liable for any damages whatsoever, including special, indirect, consequential or incidental damages or damages for loss of profits, revenue, use, or data whether brought in contract or tort, arising out of or connected with any of The Community of Rio Nido websites or the use, reliance upon or performance of any material contained in or accessed from any of The Community of Rio Nido web sites.
For additions or changes to this page, please email websters at firstname.lastname@example.org