For more information (707) 200-FRN1 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sheriff Dispatch (707) 565-2121 ß the primary number to call w/ issues.
Community Services Officer (CSO) is located at the Guerneville substation (707) 869-0202 for general inquiries; please call the Dispatch number above for reportable events!
Redwood Empire Disposal (North Bay Corp. Ratto Group)
(800) 243-0291 www.unicycler.com
- Free bulky item pick-up: If you have garbage service, you can request free removal of mattresses, appliances, furniture, electronics, and other items too large for trash and recycling containers, up to four times per year.
- Free 2nd green waste bins: Available upon request for yard waste and compostable materials.
- Free Christmas tree removal: Cut up your holiday tree to fit into your yard waste container; or schedule an appointment for a non-profit to pick it up ($7 suggested donation) call (707) 565-3333.
- Order services: To setup service, change your garbage can size (save money with a 20gal can!), or other residential garbage services, call (707) 586-5547.
Toxic Waste Disposal
For toxic household chemicals, including old paint products, automotive fluids, garden chemicals, expired medications, old batteries, and spent fluorescent lights:
- Central Disposal Site: 500 Mecham, Petaluma Thu-Sat 7:30am-2:30pm http://www.recyclenow.org/ (707) 565- 3375
- Local Drop-Offs: Various locations throughout Sonoma County on Tuesdays 4-8pm By appointment only: (707) 795-2025/toll-free (877) 747-1870 option 3 or email email@example.com
- Home pick-ups: Call (877) 747-1870 to schedule an appointment to have your household toxics picked up; $50 fee. Free pick-ups available for elderly, disabled & housebound.
Refuse/Recycling/Dump for Misc Household Items
- Guerneville Transfer Station 13450 Pocket Canyon Rd & Hwy 116; Mon-Tue & Thu-Sat 8am-4pm (707) 869-3878 Cardboard, tires, wood, treated wood, scrap metal, electronics, & yard debris accepted. Fees charged by weight; added costs for certain items (e.g. mattress, tire, appliance).
Sonoma County Ordinance Chapter 16.1 applies limits to the amount of material stored on one property (100 sq. ft.) unless property owner has a permit to be a junk dealer.
- Non-working vehicles on private property (“Junk Your Jalopy”) – To remove old vehicles from your property free of charge and without the usual DMV paperwork, contact Ryan Pelleriti at (707) 565-1921.
- Abandoned vehicles on public property and Highways to: Call the CHP at (707) 588-1400 or Abandoned Vehicle Abatement Program (707) 565-7395.
- Illegal dumping, in the act? Sheriff Dispatch (707) 565-2121.
- Spills, or illegal discharge of pollutants into a storm drain or creek? Call Redwood Empire Dispatch Communications Authority or REDCOM at (707) 576-1365. Avail. 24 hours.
Illegal Logging Call Sheriff dispatch (707) 565-2121
Hazard or Nuisance
Sonoma County Health Department report a hazard online
Neglected & Hazardous Properties
Call the main PRMD number at (707) 565-1900, or find the applicable department at http://sonomacounty.ca.gov/PRMD/Division-and-Section-Phone-Numbers/
Narcotics Hotline (707) 565-5440. Leave a message with details of locations, descriptions of people, make/model of vehicles, and license plates.
Street Light Needing Repair
Note the pole number & the closest street address, and call:
- PG&E online service request http://www.pge.com/myhome/customerservice/contact/streetlight/single/index.shtml, or at Guerneville PG&E office 14040 Church Street, Guerneville (this may be fastest) -OR-
- Call Sonoma County Public Works (707) 565-2231; report online http://sonomacounty.ca.gov/Services/SoCo-Report-It/Submit-a-Service-Request/
Clogged Culverts / Damaged or obscured Street Signs Potholes needing repair, or other Public Works issue
Call SoCo Public Works (707) 565-2231. Report online on “SoCo Report It”: http://sonomacounty.ca.gov/Services/SoCo-Report-It/Submit-a-Service-Request/
Dog Barking /Animal Neglect or Abuse
- Step 1: Call (707) 565-7100 with your name and the address of the dog’s residence. Sonoma County Animal Care & Control (ACC) will send a letter to the owner of the dog.
- Step 2: If it persists, complaints must be submitted in writing to ACC by at least two parties using the form at http://sonoma-county.org/shelter/pdf/complaint_statement.pdf
Russian River Recreation & Park District
RRR&P District manages the Rio Nido Bruno Farnocchia Playground & Tennis Court; (707) 869-9184 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mill Street Thrift Store
14075 Mill St., Guerneville; (707) 869-8393
Donate clothes, toys, books, furniture, appliances, and other household items in good condition.
The materials on The Community of Rio Nido website are provided “as is” and, in jurisdictions which allow it, without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. In no event shall any contributor to The Community of Rio Nido website be liable for any damages whatsoever, including special, indirect, consequential or incidental damages or damages for loss of profits, revenue, use, or data whether brought in contract or tort, arising out of or connected with any of The Community of Rio Nido websites or the use, reliance upon or performance of any material contained in or accessed from any of The Community of Rio Nido web sites.