SAT 23 JAN 11:00 am – Noon Friends of Rio Nido Member Meeting
at the Rio Nido Roadhouse. What will we be discussing? See the agenda here.
All are welcomed to attend the meeting to find out what’s happening in our community and have your voice heard… We hope to see you there!
www.friendsofrionido.com Non-profit has a no cost Membership.
www.rionidoroadhouse.com 6 – 10 pm @RNR hosts
HOT ZONE big band sound ($5 cover),
Mardi Gras for two weekends in February, and a special Valentine’s Day Dinner.
Laissez les bon temps roulez! Good food, beverages and dancing!
Check out Events on their website for the line up through February.
www.rionidoroadhouse.com 14540 Canyon 2 Road (707)869-0821
Christmas Day FRI 25 DEC 11:30 a.m. Join us, keep us company. Have some good cheer!
SAT 26 DEC Friend Levi Lloyd will entertain with the blues. Upbeat tunes, too!
New Year’s Eve THU 31 DEC A masquerading and rollicking party with the THUGZ! $15 cover + appetizers all evening. Costumes welcome!
New Year’s Day FRI 1 JAN 10:00 am BRUNCH and On New Year’s Day, we’ll be serving a sumptuous BRUNCH beginning at 10 a.m. PLUS, you can watch five college football bowl games–Outback, Citrus, Fiesta, Rose, and Sugar Bowls!
Check out Events on www.rionidoroadhouse.com for bands in January.
THANKSGIVING DAY 12 noon to 7 pm Enjoy Food and Football!
FRI 27 NOV 6 pm Billy Mac and Gary Potterton will entertain with your favorite Americana music.
SAT 28 NOV the Pulsators will rock the roadhouse! As usual!
Check out the website for more events in December.
SAT 21 NOV ~ Come for a delicious afternoon and be one of the prize-winning Chili Contestants or be a Chili Judge, all while helping support the Rio Nido Roadhouse in a case against extortion.
- Chefs check in 1-1:30 p.m.
Applications available at the RNR
Tasting 2-6 p.m.
- Live Music
- Adults $15 Kids $5 includes tastings + food plate
For more info call
OPEN THANKSGIVING DAY NOON TO 7 P.M.
Please park to share the limited space all around the side and back of the RNR!
SAT 14 NOV 11:00 am Friends of Rio Nido is hosting a clean up of the river front for the newly acquired local access to the Russian River. Meet at the Rio Nido tunnel that goes under River Road. You bring your work gloves and sturdy shoes, FRN will bring the garbage bags. Pick up trucks would be much appreciated!
Click here for more information.
6 – 10 pm HOT ZONE BAND plays at the Rio Nido Radhouse $5 cover. Full bar, delicious food, friendly staff! 14540 Canyon 2 Road
Park around back, mind the rain puddles.
Join us for an FRN Member Meeting, all are welcomed!
Get involved with the community of Rio Nido!
If you are itching to get more involved in your community, or just have a bit of free time to help out here and there, you have your pick of activities to join in on:
- Investigate and provide ideas/alternatives to the Historic RN Sign Committee Chair (Kim) on our next phase project, to get a light to shine on the sign; join the committee if you like!
- Identify culverts near you that need to be cleaned out and email us the info (street address, pole numbers, pictures, etc. are helpful). We will collate the info and submit the request to the County for their action.
- Participate in the Sonoma County wood stove rebate program to improve the air quality in Rio Nido! (ACT NOW since there are limited funds.)
- Stop by the Russian River Fire Department to pickup free batteries for your fire alarm, to keep Rio Nido safe! Info online, and here.
- Help us out with the float for the holiday Parade of Lights on December 5th in Guerneville. Let us know if you’re interested. (We have an idea on a design that would incorporate kiddos interested in dressing up as a fairy or gnome, if there are any kids who would be interested in being ON the float!)
- Join the Beautification Committee, chaired by our prior board VP, Matt! There are efforts underway to start to get after watershed cleanup, and other ideas that might include planting or painting, or the like.
- Have your pet spayed/neutered to keep the animals we love safe and the animal shelters less full! Several options for reduced fees posted onlineby Sonoma County Animal Care and Control.
Give a big welcome to Totally Dead this Saturday night, the first all Grateful Dead tribute band and their debut at the RNR.
Remember, RNR is still offering Water Aerobics classes with Walter until October 17. Call for schedule (707) 869-0821.
We’ll celebrate autumn with the annual Oktoberfest on Sunday, October 25. Be prepared for great brats and beer. More details later.
Check out Events on RNR website www.rionidoroadhouse.com for bands through December.
Don’t forget, park to share the limited space all around the side and back of the RNR! Get ready for another warm and wily weekend!
FRN Member Meeting THIS Saturday, September 26th!
11:00 am to 12:00 noon
at the Picnic tables in the Bruno Farnocchia park. Agenda TBD.
All are welcomed to attend!
The Rio Nido Roadhouse has two great shows coming up SAT 26 SEP The Sorentinos 6-10 pm $7 cover
SUN 27 SEP D’GIIN 6-10 pm cover charge.
How much fun is that for a mid-September weekend?
SWIMMING POOL is open this weekend and Water Aerobics classes with Walter continuing until October 17. Call the RNR for schedule (707)869-0821.
Check out the SCHEDULE OF EVENTS FOR RIO NIDO ROADHOUSE for bands through December. Don’t forget… park to share the limited space all around the side and back of the RNR! Get ready for another warm and wily weekend!