www.friendsofrionido.com ~ Join Friends of Rio Nido here (no Membership fee)
Join us for an FRN Member Meeting, all are welcomed!
- Saturday, November 7th from 11 am to 12 noon at the Bruno Farnocchia Park (picnic tables near dog park)
- FRN Meeting Agenda 11.7.2015
Get involved with the community of Rio Nido!
If you are itching to get more involved in your community, or just have a bit of free time to help out here and there, you have your pick of activities to join in on:
- Investigate and provide ideas/alternatives to the Historic RN Sign Committee Chair (Kim) on our next phase project, to get a light to shine on the sign; join the committee if you like!
- Identify culverts near you that need to be cleaned out and email us the info (street address, pole numbers, pictures, etc. are helpful). We will collate the info and submit the request to the County for their action.
- Participate in the Sonoma County wood stove rebate program to improve the air quality in Rio Nido! (ACT NOW since there are limited funds.)
- Stop by the Russian River Fire Department to pickup free batteries for your fire alarm, to keep Rio Nido safe! Info online, and here.
- Help us out with the float for the holiday Parade of Lights on December 5th in Guerneville. Let us know if you’re interested. (We have an idea on a design that would incorporate kiddos interested in dressing up as a fairy or gnome, if there are any kids who would be interested in being ON the float!)
- Join the Beautification Committee, chaired by our prior board VP, Matt! There are efforts underway to start to get after watershed cleanup, and other ideas that might include planting or painting, or the like.
- Have your pet spayed/neutered to keep the animals we love safe and the animal shelters less full! Several options for reduced fees posted onlineby Sonoma County Animal Care and Control.